Monday 18 June 2012

Chicken phalanx overcomes rowdy lamb problem

No surprise that it is raining again, but this time disappointing.  I had planned to patrol the meadow this morning.. Got a couple of ladies coming to lunch, not something that happens very often, Husband and I generally eat eggs together. Today he is at a funeral, and I am eating eggs with other people. I had thought the meadow might be a nice way to walk the eggs off afterwards, but not unless they come equipped with wellies. Still. Got to make sure the lone cornflower is still there. 

On an animal update, think the sheep may be relocating, which the chickens will be happy about. Last time I went out there with stale cornflakes, the lambs were headbutting the poor chooks off them. The chickens need to work out a kind of strategy, maybe consider forming up into a phalanx and going at them like geese, or red arrows. Such a relief no one but hopefully  a spider is reading this....

No comments:

Post a Comment